    SubjectADSL or Cable modem support in Linux, etc..
    I have been working on convincing my employer to put Linux in at
    the office, as it is IMHO the best solution for numerous things
    for our website.

    They considered an NT proxy server initially, however I have
    convinced them of the virtues of Linux, and have set the machine
    up, and encountered more problems than I'd care to mention with
    the shoddy hardware I received.

    I posted several Oops reports (ksymoops'd) and received no
    response whatsoever from the kernel list. If I'd done something
    wrong, knowing WHAT would have been nice, but....

    Now I've been given new hardware, and will be putting the system
    in as a gateway to the net, as well as our master copy of the
    website, and other things.

    In the near future, we might be getting some high speed net
    access via ADSL or cable modem here, and we'll have it in the
    office.

    What is the support like for ADSL right now? It would make them
    see Linux as bad if it cannot do this with minimal fuss when we
    get the connection, and I want to impress them, and not have them
    see Linux as a toy. So far they are "with" the Linux idea, but
    any little things like this are "bad times 10" if you know what I
    mean.

    Any ADSL/Cable experience anyone has had would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks, TTYL

    --
    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
    Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

    Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...