    SubjectRe: Kernels > 1M
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > W=FCrzburg, remember?) into a common bootloader for all architectures. =
    > > That
    > > should make life a bit easier for the distributors and documentati=
    > > on
    > > authors ...
    > >
    > > Are there any _REAL_ problems that would prevent this?
    > Lots of us just write raw kernel images to disk still. Its a very nice
    > way of doing automated boot/test

    I guess I find that a bit hard to believe... it seems that if you want
    to automate it it would be a lot easier and cleaner to use LILO, and not
    a disk in the drive. For boot disks I personally want access to the
    kernel command line, hence I use SYSLINUX (but I'm biased, of course!)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.018 / U:1.528 seconds]