    SubjectRe: albods
    On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Greg Lindahl wrote:
    > > 4. Possible variants (all):
    > Note that all of these ideas have problems. You have to break either
    > "ftp" or "cat". Choose your poison, or choose to do it the Unix way --
    > use a user level library, and accept that the normal utilities may not
    > deal with compound files in nice ways.

    This is an important point. 'cat /lib/' does horrible things on
    and to my terminal. Is cat broken? No, I'm broken if I think that this
    command means anything useful. 'cat /libc/ >' works
    just fine.

    Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
    A Brazil-nut is neatly packaged and tightly integrated. To turn it into
    food, you must crack and remove the shell. I find that I feel the same
    way about an increasing number of software products. *sigh*

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.020 / U:34.264 seconds]