    SubjectNwFs 1.4.5 Source Code Available (FENRIS)
    Date

    Linux Folks,

    NwFs Release 1.4.5 is now available for download at ftp server
    207.109.151.240. Please refer to the release notes regarding changes and
    updates made to this release. We are now using Bonnie to regression test
    and benchmark NwFs. As expected, the extremely heavy use of sleeplocks in
    NwFs does impact overall performance significantly, however, we will leave
    these locks in until the intial testing phase of our codebase has been
    completed. It is very difficult for users to provide any significant
    feedback about concurrency bugs when a system is deadlocked with spinlocks.
    We plan to replace the sleeplocks with fast mutexes and spin locks and of
    this month and after the initial regression testing is completed. We are
    being hammered with requests about the 2.2/2.3 version.

    We ask folks to be patient. We are rigorously testing each change now
    against Netware 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x, and against all available revisions of
    the Netware NFS server software for Netware 4 and Netware 5. When these
    tests are completed, we
    will release the 2.2/2.3 version.

    We will send out one more release of 2.0.37 which contains mirroring very
    soon. After this final 2.0.37 release, then we will be moving all of our
    releases to 2.2/2.3

    Please feel free to respond with any comments, suggestions, or bug reports.

    Jeff Merkey
    CEO, TRG

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.022 / U:0.808 seconds]