    SubjectRe: Synchronous board drivers
    Krzysztof Halasa <> wrote:

    > Why not use HDLC frames? That addds 2 bytes to the header, but would
    > be consistent with other protos:

    The address and control bytes are really part of the medium-specific
    encapsulation. The data will be in a skbuff with enough headroom that
    the channel code can easily add them if it needs them.

    Of course, 2 bytes is nothing, really, and if it makes life easier for
    most types of channel I don't mind putting them in. I thought they
    were really only used for async serial channels though (and then
    usually compressed out anyway). On balance I thought it was cleaner
    and neater not to have to worry about those 2 bytes in the generic ppp

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.017 / U:8.428 seconds]