    SubjectRe: Mailbox
    On  5 Jul, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
    | > Also findutils lists S_IFMPB and S_IFMPC as "V7" but you say "Coherent".
    | > I'm also collecting a list -- could you tell me which is appropriate,
    | > or is it both: "Coherent & V7".
    | The Linux source code mentions them for the SysV filesystem driver.
    | Coherent is like V7, so it makes sense that both would have these.

    They're the old V7 experimental multiplexed block and character
    devices; not especially widely used, rather buggy by most reports, and
    long since superseded by sockets and select(). I'm not sure we need to
    care about them.

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering KF8NH

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:2.240 seconds]