SubjectRe: USB mouse problems...
> I use SuSE 6.0 with linux-2.3.9 and egcs-1.1.2. When I move the mouse (eg in
> XF86Setup) the interrupts are getting through, but I get odd movement, such
> as the mouse pointer always seems to want to move up and right on the screen
> (positive in the X and Y axis? unsigned?) - sometimes I can get it to move
> left, but in large steps, and movement seems to be toggling the button
> states too. The buttons and wheel give some response also.

It sounds like you're using the wrong mosue protocol. You need to
specify the intellimouse (imps/2?) protocol for XFree86 to use a USB
mouse. This was changed a few kernels ago (it was originally emulating
plain ps/2).

> help kernel developers, etc would be great. I'd try hacking around with the
> USB mouse driver if I
> had some documents. Any pointers? I dearly would love to get into developing
> for the linux kernel, so I'm eager to try (cautiously).

Go to http://www.linux-usb.org/ (a little out of date but the pointers
are valid) and join the mailing list. Please check out the mailing
list archived for stuff as well. A linux-usb FAQ has not been setup yet..

Greg

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.042 / U:0.024 seconds]