SubjectRe: albods
  Hi, all. I see this discussion is still going on. Here's an
interesting idea for you (not mine, some other guy suggested it in
private email, but he doesn't seem to have taken up my suggestion of
posting it to linux-kernel).

His idea is to used a modified loop driver, and build a filesystem in
a regular file, then mount this FS if you want to access different
data "streams".

When creating the file, make it huge, but filled with holes. The
modified loop block driver would fill in holes as required (assuming
it doesn't do this already: I haven't looked).

If you want to see the albod as atomic, just look at the file. Move
it, ftp it, whatever. No kernel/libc hacks required. If you want to
see the data "streams", mount the file. No new semantics required.

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.048 / U:0.048 seconds]