SubjectRe: nice troll (was: All this resource-fork AKA multiple stream nonsense)
Date
Rodger Donaldson writes:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 01:20:12PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
>
>> I don't think I have _ever_ seen a compound document represented as a
>> directory. I know that TeX users do it sometimes, but they aren't normal
>> users anyway. Ask a random MBA, art student, or secretary what "TeX" is.
>
> Perhaps, before pontificating on the needs of `real users,' you should
> try talking to some of them. Many of the arts students I know use TeX
> and LaTeX regularly. And store their compund documents in directories.

Let me guess: you provided personal instruction.

Most of the computer science students I know use M$ Office.
I think I met a TeX user once... maybe. What planet are you from?
At least the CS students could mostly tell you what TeX is,
as long as you pronounce it like the "Tex" in "Texas".

You are trying to justify what we already have, because it is easy
to deal with a total lack of change. You are not interested in
solutions with sort-term pain for long-term gain.

The best solution is to avoid writing documentation and reports,
but I understand that not everyone has that luxury.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.196 / U:0.164 seconds]