SubjectRe: HZ and real-time performance [[ SEARCHING IEEE 1003.1b MAINTAINER/CODERS ]]
Sven Heursch wrote:

> for POSIX 4 (today better: IEEE 1003.1b Real time & I/O) you should read
> this document:
>
> ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/local/cip/mskuhn/misc/linux-posix.1b
>
> because this document is not very new, there are a few changes in the linux
> kernel and the glibc 2.1.
>
> New are for example the "_POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS". But for the newest
> possiblities you should look into the sources of the glibc or the kernel
> header files! (unistd.h etc.)
>
> Very interesting is the fact that a few features cannot be implementet.
> e.g.
> the POSIX function pthread_attr_setscope(), because of the "one-to-one"
> model of linux threads.
>
> greetings
>
> S.Heursch

The link is rather old indeed. I have been searching the people who are busy
now implementing IEEE 1003.1b now for a long time, but can't seem to find the
right persons. I they read this, please mail me.

I want to help implement RT timers! (have applied the patch mentioned in the
document above on a 2.2.5 kernel, but it is difficult to find out what things
have already been provided in the kernel or in libc! I finally made my own lib
and header file to test the thing)

Thx.

--
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
-- Derek Bok, president of Harvard

[dirk.nuyens@pandora.be]
---[dirkn@sicom.nl]---
-[dot@sin.khk.be]-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.189 / U:0.024 seconds]