SubjectOopsen from 2.2.10 vanilla (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:47:17 +0100
From: kami@xira.demon.co.uk
To: rickettm@ox.compsoc.net
Subject: Oopsen from 2.2.10 vanilla

Hiho:

The first one, in try_to_free_buffers appeared about ten seconds after
dialling up to Demon. I was in X at the time to read UF and Dilbert so didn't
realise it'd oopsed until later. Ended up sysreq'ing out of it.

Between the two I had a fun time last thing last night turning off swap when
the system threw out three pages of errors which didn't make it to log.
Something along the lines of unable to free buffer. Sorry I didn't manage to
get anything more definate, but they looked nastily reminiscent of oops1.

Second one was this afternoon in load_elf_binary was lucky as closing running
processes down wasn't a problem. Again, sysreq'd out. System came up with
illegal blocks in one filing system which were cleared with one pass of
e2fsck.

Kami
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.145 / U:0.100 seconds]