    SubjectRe: S3 and Framebuffer
    Nils Bokermann wrote:
    > A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Framebuffer with VESA1.2 or S3
    > Cards. I didn't follow the whole thread... Can someone give me a hint, if
    > there is (or will be) a S3 Framebuffer with linux??

    The most recent version of the in-development s3fb can be obtained from
    a patch against kernel 2.3.3, generated daily at
    http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/UNTESTED/

    It currently supports Trio cards (once fully debugged), but the
    framework is in place to support most if not all pre-Virge S3 cards.
    Patches and testing help are definitely welcome.

    an S3 card under Linux. Send a 'subscribe linux-s3' message to
    majordomo@gtf.org to sign up.

    In addition to this, you can use the more-stable vesafb. See
    linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt in the kernel sources or
    http://gtf.org/garzik/video/ for more information.

    Jeff

    --
    One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is... If they do
    foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.