Subject[OT] Howto use ps/2 mouse and USB mouse in X at the same time, was UHCI/USB/PCI/interrupts
This is fairly off-topic but probably of interest to anyone who chose to read
this email:
-----
Paul Ashton wrote:

> Well I can now report success on my Toshiba. gpm and X are successfully
> working with my USB mouse :) (however if I enable Zaxismapping for
> the wheel to work, I can no longer use the onboard mouse at the same
> time. oh well)

simple matter to handle but do note that i have to stay on 2.3.5 for my usb
stuff to work, above that (2.3.11 not tested yet), the usb stuff fails.

i have multiple external usb mice and a glidepoint by the keyboard.

from xf86 config,

Section "Pointer"
Protocol "ps/2"
Device "/dev/psaux"
Buttons 5
EndSection

Section "Xinput"
SubSection "Mouse"
Port "/dev/USB mouse"
DeviceName "Logitech wheel"
Protocol "imps/2"
Device "/dev/USB mouse"
Buttons 5
ZAxisMapping 5 4
EndSubSection
SubSection "Mouse"
Port "/dev/USB mouse"
DeviceName "Logitech wheel Core"
Protocol "imps/2"
Device "/dev/USB mouse"
Buttons 5
ZAxisMapping 5 4
AlwaysCore
EndSubSection
EndSection

there you have it, enjoy.

-d
p.s. those two above are distictly different in a subtle way and they're both
necessary. the second contains "AlwaysCore" which allows it's events to be
mapped to the core pointer which happens to be my glidepoint.

--
This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows NT reboot!
Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.063 / U:0.536 seconds]