    SubjectRe: Problem w/ 2.2.10-ac12 & NCR53c875

    Hi all,

    I do not know if this helps finding the problem. I have ac-12 working on a DS10
    with NCR53c875, I had the booting problem and what I did (since I do not have
    programming skills) is I copied the drivers/scsi/ directory from ac-10, that
    worked for me to drivers/scsi from ac-12 recompiled and it started working. I
    am telling this because I did not do any modification to arc/alpha/core_pyxis.c

    Sorry if this not relevant

    Thanks for your work

    Flavio

    > On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Ed Hall wrote:
    >
    > > > I am having trouble getting the 2.2.10-ac12 to boot. My system
    > > > is alpha LX164 w/ NCR53c875.
    > >
    > > I noticed this with 2.2.10-ac11. Reverting "arch/alpha/kernel/core_pyxis.c"
    > > to the original 2.2.10 file fixes it for now. I'm sure a more
    > > permanent fix will be appearing shortly from Alan Cox and from the
    > > tireless Alpha contingent.
    > >
    > > The problem is a mismatch between where various patches assume the PCI
    > > windows are located, and not the SCSI driver itself.
    >
    > And, in case of people would ignore it, I have had to diagnose the problem
    > by myself and I donnot have an Alpha machine, neither really know of the
    > Alpha stuff, since the solution was very slow to come.
    > The solution is known since almost a week, and I didn't see any official
    > fix for it posted to the lists by the maintainers of the offending code.
    >
    > If the reason is that this bad changes in the pyxis_core stuff only affect
    > the sym53c8xx devices and only on Alpha machines and thus guys think it is
    > not important, then they just appear as not interesting people to me. I am
    > wondering about what would have happened facing a bad change that affected
    > also (or only) Adaptec devices on Intel platforms.
    >
    > Gérard.
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.022 / U:0.204 seconds]