    SubjectDriver sync code; got it right?
    I've been looking at this code (from a sound card driver) and the kernel
    code for a while, but I'd like to be sure I understood it correctly:
    (Some irrelevant driver specific stuff removed)

    static int drain_dac1(struct es1370_state *s)
    struct wait_queue wait = { current, NULL };
    unsigned long flags;

    current->state = TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE;
    add_wait_queue(s->dma_dac1.wait, &wait);
    for (;;) {
    if (signal_pending(current))
    if (we_are_done_waiting)
    schedule_timeout( calculate_dma_timeout() );
    remove_wait_queue(s->dma_dac1.wait, &wait);
    current->state = TASK_RUNNING;
    if (signal_pending(current))
    return -ERESTARTSYS;
    return 0;

    This code is used by a sound card driver to wait for the playback buffer
    to be played before returning. (Used by SNDCTL_DSP_SYNC, fileop
    _release() etc...)

    From what I've manage to understand from the kernel source,
    TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE and the add_wait_queue() will cause this task to
    sleep on the schedule_timeout() until someone (the irq handler in this
    case) wakes it up, or schedule_timeout() times out. The signal_pending()
    stuff is for that good ol' signal-while-in-kernel thing.

    Did I miss something here?

    The reason why I want the details here is that I'd like to make it as
    simple as possible to convert this kind of code to the Linux/RTL driver
    API, if possible by simply using functions with similar names and
    identical arguments. The same code should work with RTL as well as
    Linux, as far as possible.

    Don't want my API to cause unpleasant surprizes when converting

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.027 / U:106.520 seconds]