    SubjectSecond try (was Re: New virtual in-memory file system)
    Hi,

    Now I know, how people handle their email, or for that matter, how
    they don't. So, I give it a second try. I've cleaned up the sources
    and put the file system on a web site, so hopefully this might work
    for all now. It's at:

    http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-dietscol/virtfs.tar.gz

    This time I try to be more precise: I'm interested in technical
    comments about the file system itself. So, if you know about linux
    file system internals, I'd appreciate your comments.

    If there are ways, to do things better or cleaner, I'd like to know
    how and why.

    For those, who haven't looked at it already: it's not a complete
    implementation. I've done devices, named pipes, directories and
    symlinks so far. Since I'm using it as a simple devfs, I have no
    need for supporting regular files by now.

    I know about Richard Gooch's devfs already. My file system is not as
    full featured as his and will probably never be. I've just done it for
    fun and education and, of course, because this one is "invented here" :-)

    Regards, Olaf.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:2.885 / U:0.032 seconds]