    SubjectRe: Exabyte EXB-10 tape changer
    On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

    > > > open("/dev/sch0", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
    > >
    > >That last one indicates that the node /dev/sch0 doesn't exist on your
    > >system. I can confirm that it doesn't exist on mine, so that wouldn't
    > >surprise me.
    >
    > No, that would be ENOENT. ENODEV means that the device node does exist, but
    > there is no actual device associated with it - typically because you forgot to
    > load the driver.

    I didn't :) The driver is loaded, lsmod shows it, but no sign of scsi
    changer in /proc/devices. It's all OK that it isn't working since from
    the source it seems that the driver is written for 2.0 and early 2.1
    kernels. Is it hard to port this kind of module to 2.2? (with a bit of
    C knowledge, but without any idea on kernel internals). If someone
    with more knowledge could help, I can give access to the machine with
    the tape changer on it.

    greetings
    endre

    --
    ..all in all it's just another rule in the firewall.

    /Ping Flood/