    Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:32:49 +0400 (MSK DST)

    He-he... Looking at do_proc_dointvec was enough for me to forget about
    idea to create our own private functions 8)8)

    BTW do you know that we used sysctl absolutely incorrectly?
    No sys/net variables define "strategy" method, hence sysctl() does not work
    at all. To be more exact, it does not any checks or transformations.
    Grr... What sad discovery... :( I make such discoveries not every day 8)

    You don't have to define a strategy method; there is a default
    behaviour. If the sysctl entry in question reflects the contents of an
    integer variable or some other fixed-length data, the default behaviour
    is to copy the the information to the userspace program, which will do
    the right thing.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.018 / U:25.320 seconds]