    SubjectRe: Partition Sizing
    Hi Richard, Zack.

    >>> Why not just have /tmp a separate FS?

    >> I don't see any advantage of that over linking /tmp to /var/tmp.
    >> The only issue with not having /tmp on the root filesystem is if
    >> it's needed before the rest of the filesystems are mounted, and
    >> you'd have the same problem with a separate /tmp or a symlink.

    > OK, fair enough. I had originally read it as "/tmp -> /var/tmp
    > is better than mount /tmp". I guess you weren't saying that.

    > I personally prefer a separate /tmp so that dumb users don't
    > accidentally fill up /var (/var/spool, /var/log and so on).

    Personally, I prefer to have /tmp as a separate partition, with
    both /usr/tmp and /var/tmp as symlinks to it. That also has the
    advantage that /tmp is valid before the /tmp partition is mounted,
    so can be used right from boot-up, which it can't if one does that
    the other way round...

    Best wishes from Riley.