    SubjectRe: FS corruption... some help maybe??
     >> When you leave these rare and necessary occasions away, what is
    >> left?

    >> Exact the situations, where NT falls over it's own bootstraps.

    > This is the problem. Win95/Win98/WinNT has to be rebooted a
    > dozen times just to install a new software package or piece of
    > hardware. And everyone gets used to the idea that changing
    > anything (dial-up networking, etc) means a "you must now reboot
    > windows for your changes to take effect."

    I remember seeing the following message somewhere, but can't think
    where...

    Q> Windows has detected that your mouse has moved. To implement
    Q> this change, it is necessary to reboot.

    Somebody PLEASE tell me that Windows isn't really THAT bad !!!

    > Unix/Linux isn't like that...
    > fortunately...

    Very true - uptime currently at 141 days on one of my systems, which
    is running kernel 2.2.2 quite happily...

    Best wishes from Riley.