    SubjectRe: Measured overhead of timer interrupts

    > The networking stuff in particular needs fixing, otherwise
    > the timer values displayed eg by netstat look 'interesting'.

    Fix netstat, please, rather than kernel.

    > If anybody wants to try a higher HZ then something like the
    > attached patch should be enough. But it probably still misses
    > a few things (suggestions welcome).

    Scaling times is not kernel problem.

    Tools parsing proc contains so much of dependencies, that
    it is meaningless to help them.

    For debugging I want to see variables EXACTLY as they
    look to kernel. The fact that timer value = 1 jiffie
    is critical information.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:2.244 seconds]