SubjectRe: Measured overhead of timer interrupts

> The networking stuff in particular needs fixing, otherwise
> the timer values displayed eg by netstat look 'interesting'.

Fix netstat, please, rather than kernel.

> If anybody wants to try a higher HZ then something like the
> attached patch should be enough. But it probably still misses
> a few things (suggestions welcome).

Scaling times is not kernel problem.

Tools parsing proc contains so much of dependencies, that
it is meaningless to help them.

For debugging I want to see variables EXACTLY as they
look to kernel. The fact that timer value = 1 jiffie
is critical information.