    SubjectRe: FS corruption... some help maybe??
    eokerson@quicknet.net wrote:

    > <37951911.4859b8-@feist.com> wrote:
    > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-kernel/?start=120211
    > > Cris Wade wrote:
    > > > It is not uncommon to see
    > > > uptimes well in excess of 70 days. I have heard of Linux 1.2.x
    > > > systems staying up for longer then a year ( and by this time, this
    > > > might include 2.0.x systems also)
    > >
    > > There are many 2.0.x system known to have run over a year before
    > > reboot. We had a high-use 2.0.36 system run for over 6-months till
    > the
    > > power failed for longer than our UPS had reserves. Unfortunately
    > 2.2.x
    > > still has a ways to go before we see numbers like that- but we still
    > > have hope.
    > >
    > > ron
    >
    > I have one 2.0.36 machine that made it to 497 days before locking up.
    > This is a high use web/mail/dns server, running multiple domains. I
    > think the jiffies counter wrapped and the kernel could not handle that.
    > And of course it decided to lock when I was out of town, so I could
    > not look at the screen.

    While we're sharing success-stories: I administer a modem-server which
    ran 2.0.31 for ~530 days before a janitor came waltzing in and pulled
    the plug to that and 2 other computers. He needed an electrical outlet
    for his electric drill and surely couldn't be bothered to use the free
    one 3 feet further away. He probably would have had to fetch more
    power-cord to do such a thing, and we can't have that, now can we?

    Oystein
    --
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.