    SubjectRe: Patch: CLONE_PPID (was kernel thread support - LWP's)
    On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 06:43:37PM -0500, Tim Hockin wrote:
    > Here is the first patch I threw together for CLONE_PPID support. This is
    > against 2.2.10.
    >
    > Concept: a child should be able to create siblings (children of its
    > parent) if the parent lets it.
    >
    > clone() now has two new flags:
    > CLONE_PPIDOK : resulting child may create siblings
    > CLONE_PPID : resulting child should be a sibling
    >
    > PF_FLAGS has a new entry PF_PPIDOK, which is set by CLONE_PPIDOK

    Why do we need PPIDOK? What's the issue that I'm overlooking which makes
    it matter if a child can create siblings without the parent's okay? (lets
    ignore moral issues here and concentrate on security ones :-)

    If there is a security issue here which I've overlooked, do we need a
    mechanism for clearing the PPIDOK flag? Perhaps on exec()?

    --
    Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
    "Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of