SubjectRe: FS corruption... some help maybe??
>  my system is only up max of 16 hours a day and then a manual
> shutdown (till I get a UPS then I'll set up an automagic reboot
> on sundays at midnight or something)

You clearly have been using Microsoft Windows (NT/9x) to much. that
Microsoft OS does need regular re-boots, but there is no reason to re-boot
a Linux system just to re-boot it. I can understand turning it off when
you aren't there without a UPS, but when you get a UPS, just leave it up
24/7. There is "almost" nothing that a re-boot can fix that cant be fixed
by using other tools like ifconfig, etc... It is not uncommon to see
uptimes well in excess of 70 days. I have heard of Linux 1.2.x systems
staying up for longer then a year ( and by this time, this might include
2.0.x systems also)

See you

Cris Wade

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.568 / U:0.024 seconds]