SubjectHow-to?
I have a project that is using Linux.  I have to find or write a driver for
a PCI card using the PLX 9080 chip. Has this or anything similar been done?
It would make my life easier if I could find a PLX driver of some sort to
adapt.

Also, in the interest of debugging the PCI card (it is a brand new card), I
wanted to access it in usermode. Basically, at this point, I just want to
be able to take BAR0 and use that address with an int * pointer to load and
store data for card testing. What is the best way to gain access to the
memory mapped address in a user process (not the driver yet...)?

Oh... One more thing. I had this idea... Since the PIII has a software
serial number, what about a module that is a License Server. It could use
a PGP type encryption, You supply your License to the Module and it returns
success or failure. I figured that alot more commercial software would be
willing to port to Linux if they had some way to control Licensing...
The only question is if the kernel disables the serial number, if so why?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.034 / U:0.148 seconds]