SubjectUDMA and VIA APOLLO CHIPSET
Date
Hi -

I know you guys are busy with 2.3.x development but I was wondering if there
was the possibility that UDMA mode may be supported on a VIA Apollo chipset
motherboard like the TYAN 100AT in the 2.2.x kernels? I currently use the
2.2.10 kernel on such a system with an AMD K6-II and UDMA does not work under
Linux in spite of the fact that the BIOS recognizes the drives as UDMA
hardware. Any help is much appreciated since right now these drives are giving
me no more than 5 Mb/sect transfer rates.

Thanks....
Juan Casero
casero@bellsouth.net

Oh and by the way I tried using hdparm to tune the devices but when the IDE bus
is reset it loses the settings. using the -k option to hdparm will keep the
driving from working at all.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:2.218 / U:0.020 seconds]