    SubjectRe: Standard for module delivery

    dirk@loth.demon.co.uk said:
    > But how do you know if you should be compiling with, e.g. __SMP__
    > defined,

    In an ideal world, the kernel includes would include a .mk file that
    my Makefile can include that does all those silly defines for me.
    (There are other things, like -fno-fp-regs, -ffixed-8 for the alpha, etc.)
    As it stands now, I have to guess for each architecture what is right.
    I think is is reasonable for a .mk to be generated, because there are
    a few .h files in the kernel includes that are generated as well.

    And __SMP__ does bring up some interesting issues with distributing
    modules.
    --
    Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.020 / U:0.804 seconds]