SubjectRe: Standard for module delivery

dirk@loth.demon.co.uk said:
> But how do you know if you should be compiling with, e.g. __SMP__
> defined,

In an ideal world, the kernel includes would include a .mk file that
my Makefile can include that does all those silly defines for me.
(There are other things, like -fno-fp-regs, -ffixed-8 for the alpha, etc.)
As it stands now, I have to guess for each architecture what is right.
I think is is reasonable for a .mk to be generated, because there are
a few .h files in the kernel includes that are generated as well.

And __SMP__ does bring up some interesting issues with distributing
modules.
--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.044 / U:0.192 seconds]