SubjectRe: How-to?
> I have a project that is using Linux.  I have to find or write a
> driver for a PCI card using the PLX 9080 chip.

We've written several drivers for the 9080 (and the 9060 before it).
If you get stuck I'd be glad to help. (If you're not aware
of Rubini's _Linux Device Drivers_ book, it is very helpful.)

> Also, in the interest of debugging the PCI card (it is a brand new
> card), I wanted to access it in usermode.

Well, I'm not sure how to do this, but the next best thing is
to provide simple ioctl()s for reading and writing the PLX registers
and the local bus, then call them from user space. But even
kernel-level debugging is fairly quick and easy given printk()
and the ability to insert and remove kernel modules.

Cheers,
Peter Monta pmonta@imedia.com
Imedia Corp.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.047 / U:0.460 seconds]