    SubjectThinkpad 600 memory woes
    Hello all. I have a funny problem with a Thinkpad 600,
    it reports 128M ram by the bios, but Linux _automagically_
    detects only 64M of it. If I try to force the memory
    size with mem=128M, the machine won't boot. With RH 6.0,
    it stops right after it printk()s the APM bios stuff.
    Ideas? Also, the IBM spec sheets claim (no, I *don't*
    believe 'em:) that the soundcard is an SB Pro. I get
    half-speed output with mpg123 and garbage with other
    stuff although sndconfig goes through just fine. Now,
    I remember a discussion about some ess (?) cards having
    this half-speed behavior, if someone can tell me if
    this is related (ie what card the thinkpad 600 actually
    has) I'd be delighted. Personal carbon copies mostly
    welcome, spam and flamatory content will be used for
    wiping disk drives containing confidential data. :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.025 / U:61.364 seconds]