SubjectRe: Ultra Sparc NCR SCSI driver -> SIR Reset
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

> Gerard, I am stuck in Australia for 2 weeks, but I had to comment on
> this before returning. Some of the cases you mention of PCI write
> posting and other issues on the Sun controllers are handled, and in
> fact their behavior is configurable in the registers of the
> controllers themselves. I cannot comment specifically on each point
> without my array of manuals, but I will be sure to do so when I return
> from this trip.
>
> Yes, the Sun controllers are different, but in fact you are blowing
> the situation _WAY_ out of proportion.

I've checked that the problems are continuous (both ultrapenguin and
rh60), even with latest kernels and not using external drives attached to
the NCR bus but to an qolgic isp card.

So I've stoppped using the Sparc machines until I'm sure they are
reliable. I keep them ready to test new patches if available and I'm
willing to help.

Thanks for everybody's help and involvement. I've been surprised that the
Sun support people got involved in the discussion with Gerard trying to
make clear how the drivers should work.

Pau

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.033 / U:0.104 seconds]