SubjectRe: Process Scope Scheduling Support
You wrote:
> I want to use linux to implement a software DSM system, but I think
> Linux threads support it is not enough developed nowadays. I think we
> need a better signal support and implement a process scope scheduling
> support that allow relative priorities among threads of a process.

I completely agree. I have just recently started looking at the kernel
itself, and two of my eventual tasks were to implement proper POSIX
signal handling for threads and to do PCS threads (either the easy way
in-kernel or using scheduler activations). My only attempt at this to
date was on the signal part, and it didn't work -- I'm still trying to
figure out why adding a member to the task_struct keeps the kernel from
booting even when I don't even use that member anywhere in the source.

Chris Smith <cd_smith@ou.edu>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.586 / U:0.320 seconds]