    SubjectRe: RECOVERY: partition table
    > I found block lengths etc of my partitions... I accidentally blew away
    > my partition table (fd0!=hda) and unfortunately I have no way to do a
    > backup and so have little. The system is still up and running. Is
    > there anyway I can recreate exactly the same partition table? I imagine
    > all the information is in /proc, but I can't find it. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated. OBviously, especially with bad power quality here,
    > time is of the essense.
    > Thank you,
    > Trever

    Several years ago, this happened to me.

    I don't know of a current entry in /proc now (several years ago, there
    wasn't one).

    The best advice is save the partition table someplace save...

    (I was able to backup across nfs to other machines, so it wasn't too bad)

    Marty Leisner

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.020 / U:14.924 seconds]