Subjecthashtables allocated with __get_free_pages()
I can't understand why you continue to use get_free_pages (now also with
the page cache) to alloc the hashtables memory. I just pointed this out at
once (no reply). Nobody will ever be able to run without the buffer/page
cache so modularization is not an issue (if somebody will want to run
linux without the pagecache then it will have to deal with so many things
that allocating the buffer with get_free_pages will be a really minor
issue). And allocating the memory outside GFP we could avoid taking so
many memory order-list uptodate all the time, no?

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.229 / U:0.028 seconds]