    SubjectRe: Power management (was Re: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel)
    On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 01:05:53PM +0200, Werner Almesberger wrote:
    > Let me briefly introduce that design. The goal is to provide useful
    > power management for devices like battery-powered palmtop computers,
    > like the Psion S5, Geofox One, or eventually WinCE machines.

    > - each device has an idle timer associated with it. Whenever the device
    > does something "interesting", it resets the idle time. When the device
    > reaches its idle time, it is switched off.

    Is there a mechanism for allowing a device to power itself back on when
    it receives an interrupt? This would be interesting for mobile phones,
    I imagine.

    Matthew Wilcox <>
    "Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of
    specific companies. Unix, by contrast, is not so much a product as it is a
    painstakingly compiled oral history of the hacker subculture." - N Stephenson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:171.536 seconds]