    SubjectRe: Preparations for ZD's upcoming Apache/Linux benchmark

    > There is another problem -- HTTP 1.1 (as opposed to HTTP 1.0 with
    > extensions) allows client to make multiple requests without waiting for
    > idea, if anyone really supports that (can anyone show me an example that
    > does?),

    apt-get (Debian's package system" does. Squid does. In fact, I have seen my
    apt-get use it on my Squid.

    > but it can cause large amount of headache -- there is no
    > high-level flow control in this protocol, and unpredicatble amount of data
    > that arrived with requests should be buffered somewhere until all previous
    > requests, passed over the same connection, are answered. Even userspace
    > implementation can suffer from DoS attacks unless it "intelligently" drops
    > requests with large amount of data attached, and kernel may have hard time
    > making a decision, where to put POST or PUT with few hundreds of kilobytes
    > of data while it sends back hundreds of small files over the
    > same high-latency connection back.

    It needs careful design. PUT and POST are for userspace anyway. I'll have to
    think about this some more..

    Greetings,
    Arjan van de Ven

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.019 / U:58.656 seconds]