Subjectnetwork problems w/ old intel hubcards

Not sure if this is linux kernel related or not. Just wanted to throw it
out there to see if anyone else had seen it. When using the tlan driver
on a new compaq 1600, if I am connected to these old Intel hubcards (ISA?
cards in old 286 computers that provide ports at low cost for when 10BaseT
hubs were expensive) I have many lost packets. When plugging into a
normal hub, everything is fine.

Similiar behavior is not seen on a plethora(sp) of win95/win98/NT/Apples
plugged into the same cards.

This may just be a problem with intel hubcards, but if there is anything
the tlan driver or tlan card (Compaq NetFlex) is doing wrong, I'd like to
get to the bottom of that just in case there is a problem with some other
hubs out there (we sell a lot of Compaq).

Like I said, about half the packets in a ping or any other type of
connection simply don't get there. I can do a tcpdump or something else
if someone wants to take a look.

--
Jon Mitchell
Systems Engineer, Subject Wills and Company