SubjectRe: Linux Device Driver development kit ?
> Couple of questions for porting a Windows device driver to
> Linux :
>
> 1) In Windows we have a device driver developmnet kit (ddk)
> to develop device drivers. In Linux do we have anything
> parallel to this ?

The kernel tree. Remember Linux is GPL. If yo are trying to write GPL code
for Linux drivers you are actively encouraged to start with the nearest
similar driver and use it to hack your driver.

> 2) In Windows there is a VCOMM driver which is a standard
> commn. interface. Do we have anything parallel to this in
> Linux?

I don't know enough about windows internals to know what VCOMM provides. If
its upper layer interfaces to serial drivers then it is analogous to the
line disciplines in unix and linux

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.391 / U:0.140 seconds]