SubjectRe: kHTTPd 0.1.0
On 1999-06-08 at 17:03:28, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Then let the userland use ioctl()s to map URLs->files, and to supply the
> rest of the response headers to go along with the response.

Just a quick idea: why not simply URLs linked to a (possibly low) number
of files/filenames, along with a byte range, which are to be
concatenated back to the network as a single stream? This could make
helping squid with the kernel simply too easy; but helpful even for
apache; it just would need to dump the headers to a file cache first.
(This could also be a single file for all the headers to reduce the
consumed pages to cache them.)

This sounds nicer from the perspective of not storing repetitive,
possibly arbitrary long headers in kernel memory.

> A pipe or other method is needed to get cache hit reports out of kHTTPd.

/proc anyone? :)

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real. I'm just bored of spam.