SubjectRe: RFC: Devices, buses and hotplug
On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

> I never got down to facts about whether it was an issue of the PPC
> supporting it in HW or the PPC developers just mis-designed their
> framework and now require big endian friendly devices just to work.

I can find no sign of anything like the UltraSparc scheme you described in
the 604 manuals[1] I have. The only support for endian issues I can find
is two bits in the MSR, one for current endianness, and one for endianness
of the fault handler. Funny how Intel's apparently genuine attempt to be
inclusive by not specifying an endianness for PCI has resulted in a mess.

[1] The name of the part, not the number of manuals I looked at.