    SubjectRe: 2.2.x instabilities
    > unnatural act.  Anyone following this thread is aware of the serious NFS
    > problems reported every day (including today). Its difficult to submit
    > a detailed bug report on 2.2.9-ac1 NFS when the system crashes so bad
    > that it reboots 5 seconds later. The Linux users I work with have

    That is a _useful_ bug report in itself. Though if you want maximum stability
    you should not be running a -ac patch.

    > I've received many personal emails from others on this list echoing
    > frustration with 2.2.x, who have given up reporting problems due to lack
    > of response. I'll continue to help all those I can and I know you will
    > too.

    If people don't report problems then people can only conclude that the kernel
    is perfect. If people report bugs and expect rapid fixes to every bug they've
    forgotten by pick a vendor of their choice and buy a support contract.

    Silence is also not "nothing occuring", often its combinations of reports
    that resolve a bug. One cases of "my computer crashed doing XYZ" may not
    help but 5 of them all with the same hardware do

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:3.154 / U:0.084 seconds]