SubjectRe: Bugs in linux-2.3.4
Riley Williams <rhw@MemAlpha.CX> writes:

> Do you run anything that would shift the system's idea of what the
> current time is? Programs such as ntpd and rdate spring to mind, but
> I'm sure there are others.

You can also easily get this when compiling over NFS to a system that
disagrees with yours on what the current time is, because written files
use the NFS server's idea of the time, but make's checking uses the
client's idea.

The solution is to keep the times synchronized (and with modern, crappy
PC clocks, you *really* need to do that anyway. My old 486 loses half a
second a day, but my 586, newer by eight years, loses *nine* seconds a
day.)

--
`As promised, here's the patch to do this. Not only is it good (it
compiles), but it is perfect (it boots). Up 9 minutes so far without