    SubjectRe: The stability crisis

    OK, I don't want to make noise on this discussion, but I'd like to ask a
    very simple question.

    I do have a spare 486 next to me ( it was going to be trashed before I
    got hold of it ), and I'd like to implement a serial logger ( yes, I do
    also have a serial cable ) to debug some stuff that I'm working with (
    I'm also having Oops and all those funny things that happen when
    something crashed hard in a kernel, and even when not, it's very
    difficult to keep track of all the printks to follow execution ).

    Could somebody point me to a place with instructions to how to set up a
    serial logger ? ( I've never needed one before, so I've never
    implemented one ). Hopefully, it will help me a lot.

    As I said, a simple question, thanks in advance

    Hugo

    --
    Hugo Varotto
    Computer Science Dept.