    SubjectRe: The stability crisis
    On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
    > hmmm, the closest computer that I could use is 100 feet away and is
    > attatched to this box by a 100ft piece of category 5....

    Why does it have to be a computer? Get a printer with a serial interface
    and stick it right next to the failing box. Supposing you don't have
    one, if this is a mission-critical box, you should be able to shake loose
    a few dollars for a used dot-matrix printer to help eliminate future
    crashes that are costing you money. Keep it around for the next crisis.

    --
    Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
    I miss the hardcopy console that, formerly, always came with a computer.