SubjectRe: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel
On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 12:05:26AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Support for ISA PnP hardware isn't the issue. What I need is support
> > for PnP BIOS calls: the calls to retrieve PCI interrupt routing
> > information and hardware resource tables, specifically.
>
> Where are these documented BTW ?

I have an "Extended System Configuration Data Specification" that, I
think, I pulled off of a Microsoft web site, but I don't actually
recall now. I think a web search for ESCD might turn it up.

> > And IO ports? I try probing for "free" IO space, because again, the
> > resources known to the Linux kernel are too incomplete to be depended
>
> Is that down to Linux devices not claiming space, or to the general issue
> of stuff hiding ?

The general stuff-hiding issue is the main thing. It makes the issue
of not claiming space moot.

-- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.464 / U:0.024 seconds]