SubjectRe: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel
On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 03:34:29PM -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > instead of vaguely talking around the problem, insinuating that
> > someone else should redo PCMCIA, and telling me that my work sucks?
>
> he didn't. he's not exactly a smooth operator, but as an objective
> third party, he said basically "I'd like to see it integrated,
> since there are some problems with keeping it out of the kernel.
> anyone should feel free to send me patches." your pcmcia is a valuable
> contribution to Linux, and from his own words, I believe he'd agree.

Perhaps that's what he "said" in some abstract sense.

But "sucks" was his word, not mine, and I'm going to take offense if
he uses it in public about my work.

And this started when he wrote:

> Indeed. I would wish to have at least cardbus support in the default
> kernel, and eventually it will have to be written - the external pcmcia
> support indeed relegates it to second-class citizen support. And
> cardbus is much better done and defined than the original pcmcia anyway,
> and is what all modern laptops use.

...which betrays that he simply does not understand how CardBus and
PCMCIA work.

-- Dave Hinds

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.211 / U:0.032 seconds]