SubjectRe: VMS Vax , DECServer (LAT) services for linux ?
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > anywhere in the Vast knowledge of this kernel list
> > anyone that knows of (LAT= local area transfer)Vax or DECServer compatible
>
> Digital still seem determined to keep LAT under wraps. Maybe someone on
> the list now at Compaq knows who to poke about it but right now LAT is
> out.

I think Meridian has an exclusive deal to market LAT ports to non-Digital
platforms. They might look unkindly on Compaq letting us make one too.

Has anyone asked Meridian how much they'd want for a port of their stuff?
They've done LAT on Unix for years.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
A Brazil-nut is neatly packaged and tightly integrated. To turn it into