SubjectRe: [2.2.10]: access beyond end of device
Date

From: Olaf Dietsche <olaf.dietsche+list.linux-kernel@netcologne.de>

> I have an ASUS-Board P2L97-S with an Adaptec AIC-7880 Ultra SCSI host
> adapter and no problems so far.
> There are some differences between my and your setup:
> Mine is a single processor board (Pentium II 266 MHz).
> Regards, Olaf.

I've seen posts from people with close to my setup who have not
seen this, and posts from people with UP and IDE who have. So
if what I saw is even related to the others seeing 'beyond end of device',
there does not seem to be a correlation between SCSI/IDE UP/SMP or
even the brand of SCSI controller. It may be something totally different,
and possibly peculiar to my system and not the kernel.

I also have another SMP/P2 machine with the AIC7880 instead of the 7895
which has not seen this problem with 2.2.10, but this machine is frequently
rebooted during the day (development) and is shutdown at night.

The machine where I did see this seemed to take a while (one to several
days)
to produce this error. AND I have not seen it occur in the last 5 days on
this machine.
I've been unable to determine that I am doing anything differently. Normally
I would
not post such a problem unless I could reproduce it with some regularity,
but someone
posted a question if others had seen this error.

Paul Fulghum paulkf@microgate.com
Microgate Corporation www.microgate.com
9501 Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, Texas 78759
(512)-345-7791

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.069 / U:1.176 seconds]