SubjectRe: [RFC] File flags handling - proposal for API.
> > 	fp = open(<directory>, O_RDONLY)
> >
> > opens a default-file in <directory> instead of <directory> itself, then we
> > have (at least compared to 2.0) a rather subtile change which may implies
> > some severe security problems.
> But the thing is, that we want to disallow opening the directory that way
> _anyway_. It's going to happen: if you want to open the directory, you
> will have to use the O_DIRECTORY flag. The current libraries do that
> already for opendir().

That doesn't, solve the inverse problem of all the tools that use open/read

You change fundamental things like the behaviour of "more *" when people want
to read the files in a directory known the directories will just give
"is a directory" messages. Now they will give files from directories below.