    SubjectRe: [RFC] File flags handling - proposal for API.
    > > 	fp = open(<directory>, O_RDONLY)
    > >
    > > opens a default-file in <directory> instead of <directory> itself, then we
    > > have (at least compared to 2.0) a rather subtile change which may implies
    > > some severe security problems.
    > But the thing is, that we want to disallow opening the directory that way
    > _anyway_. It's going to happen: if you want to open the directory, you
    > will have to use the O_DIRECTORY flag. The current libraries do that
    > already for opendir().

    That doesn't, solve the inverse problem of all the tools that use open/read

    You change fundamental things like the behaviour of "more *" when people want
    to read the files in a directory known the directories will just give
    "is a directory" messages. Now they will give files from directories below.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.018 / U:36.908 seconds]