SubjectRe: Improving the Unix API
On 27 Jun, Jason Thorpe wrote:
| Alexander Viro <> wrote:
| > doesn't unmap the stuff. Oh, shit, there is such thing as pending
| > unlink... Does vgone() force it?
| Regarding unlink()... those aren't operations on vnodes. Those are
| operations on the filesystem namespace, and are thus (correctly)
| unaffected.

I believe what he meant is "how is deallocation of a pending-unlink
file whose only reference is an open fd which has been revoked dealt

(To which my own answer would be: "deallocated on close as usual, no
reason to treat this case specially that I know of".)

brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator [WAY too many hats]
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering KF8NH