Subjecthttp://www.kt.opensrc.org/kt19990617_23.html#5 (fwd)
Thought I should send this along...

Zack

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 21:29:26 +0200
From: Juergen Kahrs <Juergen.Kahrs@t-online.de>
To: zbrown@lynx.neu.edu
Subject: http://www.kt.opensrc.org/kt19990617_23.html#5

Hello,

I am sorry to bother you with an email that should have been posted to
the mailing list. For several months now I have been reading your
excellent summaries but I dont know yet how to post to the mailing
list. So, here is a comment on the above mentioned topic (5.Unfixable
TCP Slowdown?):

My TCP/PPP connection is also extremely slow or stalled when it has
been built up for the second (or later) time after booting. The mailing
list recommends unloading and reloading of the ISDN and PPP modules.
Have compiled it into the kernel, this is not an option for me, but
it seems like I have found a workaround.

The problem described disappears as soon as I start pinging from my
machine to some host on the Internet. pinging my own machine
("ping localhost") does not help. Maybe this observation helps to find
the cause of the problem.

Thanks for reading and (more importantly) for assembling the weekly
summaries. It is interesting to read and sometimes even helpful.

Juergen Kahrs Tel. 0421 249 666
Millstaetter Strasse 15 Tel. 0421 457 2819
D 28359 Bremen Fax 0421 457 3578
____________ http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Kahrs/ _______________

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.074 / U:0.076 seconds]